Here is the Google Photos story for week 6: https://goo.gl/photos/VKH5i9ZnSJPz4D9U7 
Here is the Google Photos story for week 7: https://goo.gl/photos/AN5eq6mLXFJZfRe17

THIS POST WILL BE REVIEWED LATER, I honestly have like zero time for anything so I am just going to post this and review at another point.

CERN
This week at CERN, I began to participate in some of the radioactive tests for the tile calorimeter module. Just a quick recap of the Tile Calorimeter is that it is a bunch of subdetectors made of scintillator which fluoresce when an energetic particle strikes the material. This fluorescent signal is then transferred to a photomultiplier readout via fiber optic cables. Now back to the test, basically a radioactive source is passed through a network of tubes to each sub detector. Therefore, when the source hits one submodule a signal will produced at the photomultiplier readout. This test was originally designed for single anode PMT, hence it was not optimized for the readout process of 64 more anodes for the multianode PMT.
A setup was rigged using the old hardware in the case where 48 integrator boards were placed on a super drawer(sliding electronics unit in the whole detector module). 47 of these signals sampled the multi anode PMT and 1 sampled a single anode PMT for a control. Next week we will continue to test this hardware and then finally place it in the tile calorimeter module for use.
Aside from the radioactive test setup, I had given a talk this week about the progression of the 3D printing fiber light guide process. So far, I have developed 4 different versions of my fiber light guide. Finally in the 4th generation, I have placed fibers in the module and began the epoxy process to glue in the fibers. If you want to see more about this check out: https://indico.cern.ch/event/578750/contributions/2345411/attachments/1357769/2053193/3D_Printing_Fiber_Light_Guide.pdf

Rome
Once again, I have given a short description of my time in Rome at each place. Although, please do check out the photo album of these places.
Vatican City
I got to see the Pope!!!! I went to the Vatican museum on Saturday and viewed all the different art work. After that, I went to St Peter’s Square to find the whole area was filled. I discovered after seeing a large screen with the Pope’s image display he was in the square. Therefore, I sat listening to the Italian, when all of a sudden the Italian switched to English. I found out that people had come from around the world to do a journey from Italy to Spain visiting major cathedrals along the way and living as peasants would have for repentance. At the end of the event, the Pope blessed everyone in the square!

Castel Sant Angelo
The Castel Sant Angelo is a castle in Rome that had a great view of the whole city of Rome. The castle has about 5 different floors built for guards to keep watch over the city. Decorated all throughout the castle are cannons, murals and artifacts.
Roman Forum
The Roman Forum is the grounds of an old city center. One interesting comment about this Forum is there is artifacts from a mixture of centuries.
Coliseum
I took a tour inside the Coliseum. I was able to view the various seating platforms for citizens and some of the trip doors used to raise animals.

Food

Hands down Rome has had the best food of my trip! My first night in Rome, I had an amazing meal featuring, fresh mozzarella, pasta carbonara, pig and some really good mineral water. Molto Beni! Aside from that meal, the pizza in Rome was amazing! One unique meal I had in Rome was a place called the Prosciutteria. At the Prosciutteria, I got a meat and cheese board all from the local Italy region! Legit was the best! I had a great culinary experience here and definitely rank it above Paris.

Paris

Notre Dam
Notre Dam is one of the famous cathedrals in Paris. Going inside the cathedral was free and had tons of cool artworks to see. The cathedral had massive ceilings with awesome stained glass from all around.

Versaille
Versaille was an awesome city filled with really interesting castle rooms for the king. Additionally, I went outside to the gardens which were very well kept. Only note about the gardens is only one of the  fountains(out of ~100) were running. Therefore, I would definitely recommend visiting versaille in the summer season.

Arc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe is centered at the meeting point of 12 streets. The arch was built as a victory arch for military parades after winning wars. One the top of the arch there is an awesome look out over the entire city. I went up there and got some night cityscapes with the Eiffel Tower in the foreground, take a look in the album.

Eiffel Tower
See post last time in Paris about cool things of the Eiffel Tower.
French Pantheon
The French Pantheon is home to many famous French people's bodies such as Marie Curie and Voltaire.